In this final step of the full Comprehensive program, this 4 module program builds on functional movement and anatomical relationships in the lumbopelvic complex, the four regions of the spine and the shoulder complex. You learn how to use all four pieces of equipment ⎯ Cadillac, chair, springboard and barrels ⎯ for a full range of populations, from post-rehab clients to those looking for athletic fine-tuning. By clustering the different pieces of equipment together, you learn how to determine the best course of action based on the needs of your clients. Case studies test your ability to identify movement issues and decide the best practices to address them. The program focuses on teaching methodologies appropriate for one-on-one sessions and group classes so you feel confident working in both situations.
Pilates Mat Work Intensive or equivalent
Pilates Mat Work provides you with the tools to design mat classes for people of all ages and abilities. You learn the complete Mat Work Repertoire. Our unique certification program emphasizes core stabilization systems, movement mechanics, and versatile class design principles.
Program requirements include
- Module 1: Cadillac, Springboard & Chair Foundations (21 classroom hours)
- Module 2: Cadillac, Springboard & Chair Intermediate (21 classroom hours)
- Module 3: Cadillac, Springboard & Chair Advanced (21 classroom hours)
- Module 4: Barrels (14 classroom hours)
- Practice Teaching (minimum 100 hours)
- Self-Practice (minimum 100 hours)
- Home Study/Review (approx. 45 hours)
- Written Test and Practical Evaluation (as scheduled)
In Cadillac, Chair, Springboard & Barrels you will learn:
- Complete Cadillac & Springboard (Tower) Repertoire
- Complete Chair Repertoire
- Complete Barrel Repertoire
- Exercise modifications and variations in every plane of movement
- Protocols to work with individual clients one-on-one
- Versatile class design principles for the group class environment
- Application of functional anatomy to the Cadillac, Chair, Springboard and Barrels
To fully benefit from the program, it is in your best interest to commit to the entire time frame. If you happen to miss an hour or more, we will assist you with scheduling a private tutorial to make up the missed hours at the Private Tutorial rate.
Pilates Reformer is recommended as a prerequisite, but not mandatory.
Course Materials and Exam Fees
Course Fees: $2,880 + materials and exam fee
Ask us about a Payment Plan that works best for you!
Materials Fee: $300 + shipping + taxes
Exam Fee: $200 (due 30 days prior to practical exam date)
Sept 13-15, 2019 from 12-7pm
Oct 11-13, 2019 from 12-7pm
Nov 1-3, 2019 from 12-7pm
Nov 22-23, 2019 from 12-7pm
Location: 6200 La Salle Avenue, Oakland, CA
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received up to 30 days prior to the start date will be refunded minus 15% of the total tuition fee. Cancellations received 7-29 days prior to the start date will be refunded minus 50% of the total tuition fee. No refund less than 7 days prior to or anytime after course start date. To avoid any cancellation penalty, course registrations may be postponed or applied to a different course with permission up to 7 days before the course start date for a $100 administrative fee. All postponements are non-refundable.
Instructor: Holly Wallis, Director - 510-338-0962
NOTE: In the event that the workshop is rescheduled, any registrants will be given the option to take the workshop as a Private Tutorial on the same date or an alternate date that is convenient within a 3 months of the cancelled course date.
Secure payments through